Monday, February 20, 2012

Slow cooker barbeque chicken wraps

I made these wraps the other night.  I've decided that my two year old, who eats almost anything will eat anything in a wrap.  I topped the wraps with homemade ranch dressing, lettuce, and feta cheese.  I also made a side of turnip fries and now I know.....not  a huge fan of turnips.  I think if you like turnips you'd love these, so I'll include the recipe for them as well.  However, you could also substitute the turnips with potatoes, which I'll do next time, I just like the flavor of potatoes better. 

Slow cooker barbeque chicken:

I cup ketchup
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 white wine vinegar
1/4 Dijon mustard
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 finely chopped onion
1-2 cups water


Mix together in crock pot, add four chicken breasts and cook all day.  About 30 minutes before it's done, shred the chicken in the crock pot and let it finish cooking.  If the sauce starts to cook down too much, you may need to add a little extra water.  I'd start with a cup, knowing you may need to add more at some point.




Turnip fries:

Wash and peel turnips, cut into wedges.  Put a couple of tbsp of olive oil in a large Ziploc bag, along with a few shakes of garlic salt and pepper.  Place the wedges into the bag and let a really cute toddler shake them up for you.  Put on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and cook at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, the last five minutes, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  

No comments:

Post a Comment