Thursday, February 16, 2012

Roasted vegetable salad


I love the flavor that comes out of roasting vegetables, it's one of my favorite ways to eat them.  The other night, I had some fresh veggies and salad that I needed to use up.  So, I decided to make a roasted vegetable salad.

Balsamic Roasted vegetable salad:

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees as you are preparing your vegetables.  I used onions, yukon gold potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and put the cherry tomatoes in at the end.  This is just what I had on hand, other veggies I might use would be sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, peppers, or any kind of squash.  So I just mixed the vegetables up in my cookie sheet and drizzled olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the top, and sprinkled the veggies with salt and pepper.  Mixed it all up and cooked for about a half an hour.  Then I stirred up the veggies and added cherry tomatoes and about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese for the last 10 minutes.  I mixed this yumminess in with some salad greens to make a tasty roasted vegetable salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment