Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Baked Veggie Chips

Wow...so baked chips are not for the faint of heart.  I've never baked chips (or fried them for that matter) and I had no idea how time consuming it was.  I gave my mandolin away at a white elephant Christmas party last year, which is unfortunate because it would have really come in handy yesterday.  I had to manually cut the potatoes and beets, which wasn't a big deal, except that they were different sizes and so they all cooked at different times.  Anyway, they were super tasty and I think I'll do it again, I just think it would be way easier with a mandolin.  Here is the recipe if you want to brave making these tasty treats.

2-3 russet potatoes (peeled and sliced thinly 1/8 inch-ish)
1 large beet (peeled and sliced thinly)
Any other root vegetable you have on hand (sweet potatoes, parsnips)

Place the slices in a large bowl, and drizzle with olive oil.  Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper to taste.  Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer.  Bake at 375 degrees until they veggies are golden brown or about 15 minutes, turn once. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. If you want to try cutting them again by hand, I have a Pampered Chef crinkle cutter if you'd like to borrow it!

    -Tre Wilbanks

    ReplyDelete