Thursday, May 31, 2012

Peas and Beans and Cucs, Oh my!




We ate the first of our peas yesterday!  I love when my peas are ready, it's the perfect kick-off to harvest time.  I love that we can go out and pick and eat right off the plant, and still have enough for steaming or stir frying for dinner. 

Aside from the snacking on peas, I've been busy sowing in my garden too!  Last week, I planted my tomatoes starts, and sowed Black Beauty zucchini (which popped up a couple of days ago).  Yesterday I planted Lemon Cucumber seed, more broccoli seed, and my Kentucky Blue pole beans (which by the way, look just like Good N Plentys).

 My columnar apple trees have a few apples on them and look great, and a friend dropped off a Meyer Lemon plan for me yesterday, with two lemons on it...which I am incredibly excited about...hopefully I can keep it alive!

It's time to get out there and get your plants and seeds in the ground and play in the dirt and enjoy the fruit of your labor!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your blog!!! Gonna keep my hands dirty!!!!

    ReplyDelete