Friday, June 8, 2012

Little Things - Lemon Cubes


 I don't know about you, but I find that I am often in need of fresh lemon juice in recipes.  I use lemon juice and lemon zest in sauces, vinaigrettes, and for baking.  I also don't usually have fresh lemons on hand, and with two little ones at home, running to the store in between naps, snacks, dishes, and laundry isn't always an option.  I have the bottled lemon juice in my fridge, but nothing beats fresh lemon juice.



I don't know about you, but I find that I am often in need of fresh lemon juice in recipes.  I use lemon juice and lemon zest in sauces, vinaigrettes, and for baking.  I also don't usually have fresh lemons on hand, and with two little ones at home, running to the store in between naps, snacks, dishes, and laundry isn't always an option.  I have the bottled lemon juice in my fridge, but nothing beats fresh lemon juice.  I like to stock up on lemons, zest the rind, and juice the lemons.  Then I pour the juice and zest (in separate) ice cube trays, and I always have fresh (while frozen-fresh) lemons on hand.  Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment