Friday, April 20, 2012

Maple Syrup Herb Rubbed Steak and Roasted Veggies


This weekend is supposed to be gorgeous!  It's going to be perfect for a barbeque, so dust off your grill, thaw out some steaks and try this simple steak rub!  I also roasted vegetables to go along with this meal, I was going to throw them on the grill (wrapped in foil) as well, but I really wanted to include my asparagus, and the cooking times for the different vegetables wouldn't have worked out.  Roasting them allowed me to add in the asparagus for the last fifteen minutes instead of having to cook them the entire time, which would have resulted in soggy asparagus.  Anyway, here is the recipe for the rub!



2 steaks
1/8 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tbsp fresh thyme
1 tbsp fresh rosemary






 To roast the vegetables (I used potatoes, carrots, onions, and asparagus), cut them about the same size and place on a cookie, bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.  If using asparagus, add that in for the last 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment