Monday, April 2, 2012

Things are coming up!


I so love this time of year, when my seeds start sprouting and popping up out of the ground.  My peas have been out for a couple of weeks now, I have some lovely onion starts in the ground, and my lettuce just peeped it's head out of the soil a couple of days ago.  I'm going out today to plant a few more seeds with my little guy.  He is very excited about his own garden bed that daddy made for him last week.  Today, we will be planting carrots, beets, broccoli, and kale.  It's been so fun to get him involved.  He helped daddy fill the box with soil, and yesterday, planted all of his peas by himself.  He is choosing the veggies that he'd like to grow, and can't wait to eat them.  I love that we are not only teaching him how to grow his own food, but also teaching him hard work and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment