Monday, April 16, 2012

Egg scramble and lots of veggies

I'm not really a huge fan of scrambled eggs, but throw in a few veggies and a side of toast and it quickly becomes a favorite.  I love to cook with vegetables, all kinds of vegetables.  For this meal, I just used whatever I had laying around in my fridge.  This was actually a meal I made for dinner (breakfast for dinner is the best) but it would be perfect on a lazy Saturday morning too. 


1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 onion chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
1 Roma tomato chopped
1-2 handfuls spinach
6 eggs
1-2 tbsp cream (or milk)
salt and pepper to taste
feta cheese (for sprinkling on top)

In a bowl whisk together eggs and cream, season with salt and pepper. 

 Saute onion and peppers in olive oil for 5 minutes, add in tomatoes and season with salt and pepper (a few shakes of each) and cook for another couple of minutes.  Add in the spinach and cook for one more minute and then add in the egg mixture.  Cook through and sprinkle with feta.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment