Thursday, April 12, 2012

Creamy Pesto Sauce

I have a special place in my heart for creamy sauces over pasta.  I know a good cream sauce is calorie rich, and probably has more fat in it than I should consume in a day, but it's so worth it.  Last night I made a creamy pesto sauce with tomatoes, and it was AMAZING!  You can my recipe for pesto sauce here, or even a store bought pesto, if you want a really easy dinner.


Here is the recipe:

1/2 cup cream
2 tbsp butter
1 cup pesto sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 can diced tomatoes (drained)

Heat cream on low to medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.  Add butter, and once butter is melted add pesto sauce and tomatoes to pan.  After sauce is heated thoroughly, add Parmesan cheese to sauce.  Pour over pasta and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment