Monday, March 5, 2012

Arugula Pesto

I know that typically pesto is made with basil, but I love the flavor Arugula gives pesto sauce.  It's slightly peppery taste yields a richly flavored pesto sauce.  I made the sauce in my food processor and it took about five minutes for three batches.

Here is the recipe:
4 cups Arugula
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup walnuts
salt and pepper to taste
 1/2 cup olive oil



In a food processor, blend together everything but the olive oil until it forms a paste.  Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and with the processor running slowly pour in the olive oil.  Taste to see if you need more salt or pepper.  Use the pesto as a sauce for pasta, pizza, or as a sandwich spread.  I made a couple of extra batches to freeze and use for later, it freezes very well.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment