Friday, March 9, 2012

Pasta with Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce


This is such an simple tasty sauce, I cooked this meal in less than 30 minutes.  All of the ingredients are ones that I would typically have stocked up, so it's an easy "what am I going to make for dinner tonight" meal.   Also, the fresh basil is from my garden last Summer.  When I had an abundance of it, I rinsed and dried (completely) the basil and put it in a ziploc bag to use for the rest of the year.  It keeps it's flavor very well.  Here is the recipe....

2 jars roasted red peppers
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/4 large onion chopped or 1/2 small onion
1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
2 tbsp freshly chopped basil or 1 tbsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste (about 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper)

Drain peppers, place in blender and pulse a few times.  It's okay if they are still a little chunky.



 Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add onion.  Cook for 4-5 minutes, then add in garlic.  The garlic only needs to cook for about 30 seconds, don't let it cook longer than that or it may brown.  Add in the red pepper puree, and season with salt and pepper.  Reduce heat to medium-low and stir occasionally for a few minutes, while the pasta is cooking.  


When pasta is done, drain and set aside.  Add cream to sauce and chopped basil to sauce, and taste to see if you need to any more salt.  Add pasta to the sauce and mix around. You can add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese for extra yumminess.  Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this since I love red peppers. Although, I'll probably add a couple tablespoons of balsamic since I add that stuff to everything pasta related. Have been enjoying the delish recipes you share and love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete