Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Salsa

I love salsa, generally I only make it fresh in the Summer, when I am up to my eyeballs in tomatoes.  For some reason it hadn't occurred to me to make it out of canned tomatoes.  Then I saw a recipe using canned tomatoes and I have been making it ever since.


Homemade salsa
1 can diced or whole tomatoes
1/4 of a white onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tsp lime juice or squeeze half a lime
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp pepper

These are the main ingredients that I really don't ever change, sometimes I'll add in extras though:

1 can green chili peppers
2 jalepenos (diced)
1/4-1/2 cup cilantro (if you want, I rarely use it...mainly because I'm not a huge fan)

Put all of your ingredients in a food processor and pulse a few times until it's the consistency you like.  Taste and add more spices if you need to.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment