Monday, June 4, 2012

Homemade Play Dough


I wasn't actually planning on putting anything crafty on this blog, it was more for food and gardening, but when we made this the other day, I realized that I love homemade anything.  I love finding out how easy it can actually be, I love the process, and I love to give it away as gifts...so watch out my friends with toddlers, I see homemade play dough in their future, especially if they are having a birthday soon. 

Play-Dough Recipe:

1 cup white flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup water
Food coloring


In a medium-sized saucepan, combine 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of salt, and 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar.  Then gradually stir in 1 cup of water, approximately 1 teaspoon of food coloring, and your tablespoon of oil.


  Stir constantly for 3 – 5 minutes until the dough begins to form one large clump. 


 Stir constantly for 3 – 5 minutes until the dough begins to form one large clump.  Once it’s ready, take it off the stove and let it cool for about 20 minutes.  Then kneed it a bit, and hand it over and let them play, or lets face it some kids will eat the dough, and it will be gross, but at least you know exactly what's in it.  We store our play dough in round Tupperware, and it's been almost a month, and it's still soft and play dough-y.   


No comments:

Post a Comment