Friday, May 25, 2012

Black Bean Hummus


I had planned on making some hummus the other day, and was really looking forward to it.  I started to get out all of my ingredients, and I realized that I had no garbanzo beans...no hummus for me....but then I realized that I had an entire pantry of black beans.  So it ended up being a black bean hummus kind of day for me, and I think I liked it better than my garbanzo bean hummus, at the very least it was just as tasty!

Black Bean Hummus:

1 can black beans(drained and rinsed)
2 tbsp  lemon juice
2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed butter)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2-3 cloves of garlic (depending on how garlicky you like your hummus)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 hot water


Combine all the ingredients in the food processor except for the water and blend until smooth.  With the processor running pour in the hot water.  Taste the hummus to see if you need to adjust the flavor.  Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment