Friday, January 25, 2013

Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs

I think I am going to start updating the blog again, now that I actually have my appetite back. I'm well into my second trimester and finally starting to feel better.  So, hopefully more yummy blog posts to come!


I love meatballs, all different kinds. I love how you can dress them up with sauces or change them completely with spices.  They are not fancy, but versatile and so tasty!  I was in the mood for Mediterranean food, and found a recipe from Cooking Light, it was a quick and easy meal.  As I was cooking the meatballs, I sauteed a bell pepper in another pan and made some homemade Tzatziki (by no means authentic, but still really good) sauce.  We ate the meatballs over spinach salad and topped with the peppers, Tzatziki, and feta cheese.  They would also be tasty wrapped up in pita bread!  Enjoy!

Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs:

1/2 cup panko or plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
1 tablespoon minced red onion
2 tablespoons store-bought or homemade pesto
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound ground turkey breast 
1 garlic clove, minced

Mix together, careful to not over mix.  Shape into balls or disks and cook in olive oil over medium-high heat, until cooked through.

Homemade Tzatziki:

1 cup Greek yogurt
1 tsp minced garlic
1 chopped cucumber
1 tsp dill (I didn't have any, and it was still super tasty)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix together and store in fridge until ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment