Monday, November 5, 2012

Little Things - Baked Tortilla Chips


So the other night, I was really craving chicken nachos.  I was getting my ingredients together...chicken - check, avocado - check, cheese - check, beans - check, tortilla chips - nope...How could I make nachos without chips...time to make homemade tortilla chips out of the 5 pounds of white corn tortillas that I have stored in the freezer!  It was beyond easy, here's what I did.


Baked Tortilla Chips:

Corn tortilla - cut into triangles or strips ( I used a pizza cutter and cut them into fourths)
Olive oil
Salt

 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cut tortillas and place on baking sheet.  Spray with olive oil (or brush on before cutting) and sprinkle with salt.  Bake for 6-8 minutes, check on them half way through and stir.  That's it, super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment