Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Grilled Zucchini

Well, it's mid-August, and the most prominent vegetable in my garden is zucchini, loads and loads of it.  I am picking one or two a day.  If I go too long without checking on my zucchini it gets a little out of hand.

One lemon cucumber, two normal sized zucchini, and one ridiculously large zucchini.

I'm always looking for ways to use up my zucchini before it gets either too big, or gets too old in my fridge.  The next few posts, I'll have ideas for how to use up your zucchini.  For today's post, grilled zucchini!  This is an incredibly easy way to use up your fresh from the garden (or grocery store) zucchini. 

Grilled Zucchini

1 large zucchini or 2 medium zucchini (cut into 1/2 thick slices)
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese (optional)


Slice zucchini lengthwise, and try to get uniform slices so they cook evenly.  Either spray or brush on olive oil and coat both sides.  Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.  Place on the grill, and cook for about 3-4 minutes, flip over and cook for an additional 3 minutes.  Remove from grill and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment